HECM endorsements grew 12.7% to 2,901 loans in April after several months of noisy data due to the government shutdown and a seasonal slowdown at the end of 2018. Combined with the highest HECM case number issuance level in March since last August (strongly correlated with applications for HECMs), reverse is looking fairly positive as springtime rounds into full form around the country.
- Great Plains may be small, but jumped 33.3% to 52 loans in April
- Rocky Mountain increased 23.3% to 296 loans
- Northwest/Alaska gained 19.8% to 224 loans
Several lenders bloomed as well:
- Liberty rose 53.1% to 222 loans and their highest volume in over a year on this report
- Longbridge jumped 30.2% to 56 loans and 1oth place in the rankings
- Synergy One picked up 20% to 162 loans
If your company is FHA approved check out the rankings on page 5 of the report below. If your company is not FHA approved, watch out for our next edition of HECM Originators to find your ranking!
Click the image below for the full report.