HECM endorsements fell -6.4% to 4,243 loans in April, continuing the decline from a year ago which now totals -8.4% through the first four months. In spite of that dour news, some lenders have risen above:
- Nationwide Equities is up 163% from last year, good enough for 10th place on our page 5 rankings YTD
- High Tech Lending is up 62% to 355 loans and #11, just 5 loans per month below a top 10 pace
- Live Well jumped 32% to 734 loans and #7
This is also a good time to look at regions of the country experiencing growth:
- Rocky Mountain is small but boasts 24.9% growth from last year, with much of the growth coming from Denver metro (up 46.4%)
- Northwest/Alaska is another smaller region up 20% to 967 loans, spread between Seattle and Portland
- Pacific/Hawaii is the largest region yet still manages 7.2% growth to 4,821 loans, with Reno, Sacramento, and Fresno particularly strong
If your company is FHA approved check out the rankings on page 5 of the report below. If your company is not FHA approved, watch out for our next edition of HECM Originators to find your ranking!
Click the image below for the full report.